Friday 17 August 2018

Marae Visit

On Tuesday the 7th of August some classes in my school went to visit Arahura Marae. First we got welcomed in with a powhiri. Once we were inside and we had listened to speeches we sang Te Aroha and they sang something too. Then we all shook hands and did a hongi.  After that a man told us a Maori story, it was around lunch so we had morning tea. He blessed the food with a karakia.   We had lots of kai to choose from.  After we had food it was raining so we went back inside and they told us about all of carvings . It was a great experience and I would like to go back there again.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Nova, Its Cleo here from Totara 3
    I liked reading your post about the Marae visit the Marae is very beautiful isn't it. I liked how you took us through the steps of what you did first. Did you enjoy going? Would you go again?
    Good Job!!

    From Cleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nova.
    Its Hannah here from Mamaku 2.
    I like the way you have added a lot of information about your Marae trip.
    This reminds me of when I went to the Marae. What was your favourite part at the Marae?. Next time I think you could add more facts about the trip. Keep up the great work Nova.

    From Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.

christmas trends